From: Robin Mills – Search EDP Inc. [mailto:email@example.com]
Sent: Friday, November 09, 2012 10:17 AM
Subject: Java Architect – Philadelphia, PA
I am seeking a Java Architect (full-time employee) for our client, a major
logistics company, in the Philadelphia, PA area.
The Java Architect’s role is to strategically evaluate, design and implement
in-house information systems that support core organizational functions, and
assure their high availability in a global environment. This individual will
gain organizational commitment for all systems and software plans In
addition, the Systems Architect provides technical leadership across the
organization, from strategic decision making down to the project planning
Strategy & Planning:
* Design and implement long-term strategic goals and short-term
tactical plans for managing and maintaining corporate systems and software,
including eBusiness solutions.
* Ensure that proposed and existing systems architectures are aligned
with organizational goals and objectives.
* Provide architectural expertise, direction, and assistance to
Systems Analysts, Systems Engineers, other Systems Architects, and software
* Develop, document, and communicate plans for investing in systems
architecture, including analysis of cost reduction opportunities.
* Conduct research on emerging technologies in support of systems
development efforts, and recommend technologies that will increase cost
effectiveness and systems flexibility.
* Design, develop, and oversee implementation of end-to-end integrated
* Where applicable, Document the company’s existing systems
architecture and technology portfolio; make recommendations for improvements
* Review new and existing systems design projects and procurement or
outsourcing plans for compliance with standards and architectural plans.
* Confer with end-users, clients, or senior management to define
business requirements for complex systems and infrastructure development.
* Model business and systems processes based on findings through use
case scenarios, workflow diagrams, and data models.
* Change management and code deployment methodology.
* Working as part of a global, multi-disciplinary team.
* Transaction systems experience in a global logistics, supply chain
* Develop and execute test plans to check infrastructure and systems
technical performance. Report on findings and make recommendations for
* Develop and manage a systems capacity plan.
* Develop, document, communicate, and enforce a policy for
standardizing systems and software as necessary.
* Provide guidance to junior members of the team.
Formal Education & Certification:
* College diploma or university degree in the field of Computer
Science/Engineering or Information Systems (Master’s degree preferred).
* 7+ years of experience in Object Oriented Development.
* Strong experience in Java Development, J2EE, SQL and Oracle.
* Unix experience a solid plus.
* Strong EDI knowledge and experience.
Knowledge & Experience:
* 10 years of work experience.
* Extensive experience in developing and deploying strategic systems
* Hands-on experience with business requirements gathering/analysis.
* Proven experience in systems and network design and development.
* Strong understanding of IT principles and practices including ITIL
* Solid grounding in core enterprise applications, including Oracle
Business Intelligence environments and strong EDI background and working
* Expert knowledge of programming languages, including Java & PHP.
* Hands-on experience with application development tools.
* Strong architectural design knowledge of large heterogeneous
* Proven project planning and management experience.
* Must be extremely detail oriented.
* Solid knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
* Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
* Exceptional understanding of the organization’s goals and
* Superior written and oral communication skills.
* Excellent architecture and technical support documentation skills.
* Strong interpersonal and consultative skills.
* Ability to conduct research into emerging technologies and trends,
standards, and products as required.
* Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
* Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
* Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Salary: $110,000 – $130,000
If you are qualified and interested, please reply to this e-mail with a copy
of your latest resume and your rate required.
If you are not currently seeking employment and you know a Java Architect
who may be interested, please feel free to forward my email to them or email
me with their contact information. I will contact them directly. Thank you.
Robin E. Mills
Search EDP Inc.
‚Be kinder than necessary, because everyone you meet is fighting some kind