Podsylam oferte – moze ktos jest zainteresowany.
From: Erica Chacon [mailto:email@example.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 30, 2013 10:51 AM
Subject: z/OS Storage Administrator
Fair Lawn, NJ
Long Term Contract: 12+ months
On-site position- No remote work.
The z/OS Storage Administrator function is responsible for administering the policies, procedures and best practices in Storage Administration across all mainframe disk subsystems, virtual and non-virtual tape systems, space management and XRC / Global Mirror (DR) maintenance.
Function requires 3-5 years’ experience in a large scale z/OS storage environment.
• Knowledge of dataset structures. (PDS, PDSE, GDG, VSAM, etc.)
• Knowledge of IBM Software (DFSMS, DFSMShsm, ICKDSF, ICFCAT, DFDSS)
• Administer, maintain & control DFSMS policies and constructs
• Working knowledge of SMS/ACS routine functionality and how it works.
• Understanding of IBM (ESS Storage, DS8x00), EMC, Hitachi DASD
• Initiate requests for storage resource increases and decreases
• Track disk utilization and update disk maps
• Support DASD/tape migrations
• Support and Maintain the IBM Flashcopy process for QA (FC & MainStar)
• Knowledge of FDR/ABR
• Working knowledge of TMS tool (Tape Management Software)
• Ability to use and manipulate Softek TDMF(Replicator) (DASD move software)
• REXX Programming
• Support and maintain the XRC / Global Mirror environment with vendor
• Working knowledge of OAM
• Working knowledge and advanced understanding of automated tape libraries
• Resolve Tape/disk related problems at software level
• Define range of scratch/tapes as per requirement
• Assist internal teams with tape clean-up, & inventory.
• Maintain, define, and implement data retention rules (Example, SMS)
• Plan (w/other teams) backup strategy based on application requirements
• Monitoring of catalogues, including backup and maintenance.
• Maintain and manage storage media and supporting processes
• Configure & Maintain Remote (XRC) replication methods in conjunction with vendor(s)
• Perform DR prep work, documentation and recovery.
• Install new versions & upgrade existing versions of storage related software
• Customize and Tune Storage software
• Support all new projects, including operating systems and product upgrades
• Support, as required, hardware & software changes requiring Storage • Support and maintain the XRC / Global Mirror environment with vendor
• Provide input to Automation group to support & manage the Storage processes.
• Working knowledge of Change/Problem Management Process and Tools
• Provide 7/24/365 on-call support to maintain availability of storage systems
• Open & manage Change Records for all supported activities