Wbrew pozorom i plotkom sprzed roku 2000 mainframe ma sie nie tylko dobrze, ale caly czas sie rozwija.
W zalaczeniu link do „najnowszej plotki”, ktora przewiduje rozwoj mainframe’a na najblizsze 10 lat (conajmniej).
This is an interesting article about the current and future state of the Mainframe. Definitely worth the read for those working on the mainframe and also for those that don’t.
The author is Chris O’Malley.
Chris O’Malley: He is the CEO of Compuware. With nearly 30 years of IT experience, he is deeply committed to leading Compuware’s transformation into the “mainframe software company for the next 50 years.” His past positions include CEO of VelociData, CEO of Nimsoft, EVP of CA’s Cloud Products & Solutions and EVP/GM of CA’s Mainframe business unit, where he led the successful transformation of that division.
The article is a little longer than most but he makes some interesting observations that I think are worth the read. I pulled a few highlights and added them below.
The first was surprising to me and the last will get a good chuckle out of some.
The article link is at the bottom of this email but is also attached in a pdf. The article is on pages 18-31 in the pdf.
- Despite rumors to the contrary, the world still runs on mainframes. More than 220 billion lines of mainframe application code are in use today, and five billion more are added every year.
Over 1.15 million CICS transactions are executed on System z every second of every day.
That’s more than all Google searches, YouTube views, Facebook likes and Twitter tweets combined.
- And the mainframe cannot be simply imagined away. Studies confirm that most large enterprises expect to continue relying on their mainframes for at least another 10 years—and that their economic value will extend well beyond 2025.
This longevity is no accident. No other platform or set of platforms comes close to delivering the performance, scalability, reliability or security of the mainframe. None offers a lower marginal cost. Nor has any other platform come close to demonstrating a similar ability to adapt to the changes in the world around it decade after decade.
- The mainframe platform is not only unique technically. It is also unique culturally. This culture is characterized by a rigorous adherence to a standard of excellence demonstrably higher than that associated with other platforms. IT organizations actually expect and plan for problems and patches in other platforms.
Mainframe applications and system programmers, on the other hand, expect and demand perfection
Link to article: http://ourdigitalmags.com/publication/?i=261730&p=18
Founder and President
VT Enterprise LLC
|Phone: (347) 94V-OLEX||since 2001|
Firma w Polsce szuka doświadczonego konsultanta w developmencie na platformie AX2012, który zweryfikowałby procedury i procesy z powodu zbyt dużej ilosc nieoczekiwanych błędów
Remote or on site
Prosze o kontakt
If interested, please contact Rajeev directly.
From: Rajeev Verma <email@example.com>
Date: Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 12:05 PM
Good Morning/Afternoon Leshek,
My name is Rajeev, I am a resource professional with Net2Source, Inc. Net2Source is a national recruiting company which partners with many of the leading employers in the IT, Financial Services, Pharma and many more sectors; feel free to check us out at www.net2source.com
I am really interested to talk through a great employment opportunity with you, if you could please call 201-340-8700 Ext 417 to discuss as soon as possible.
Below are some key highlights of the position, if this is of interest please call me. We can discuss the details of this opportunity and /or further determine which types of opportunities you may be interested in exploring.
Location: NYC, NY
Title: Full Time Engineering Lead at NYC, NY
Brief Job Description:
Role: Engineering Lead
Location : New York City, NY
Duration: Full Time/ Permanent
Skills & Experience
- < >’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or information technology or related field7+years of professional experience
- Dev. Ops., languages, mobile, REST, or any of the other items highlighted in the job description.
- Knowledge and application of Design Patterns, OOA/D, SQL, & NoSQL
- Expert at two or more programming languages, including a functional programming language
- Mobile, Web, and Server side development experience
- Multiple OS experience, including scripting
- Working knowledge of security patterns and techniques
- Build and release automation experience
- Full life cycle development: requirements gathering, analysis and acceptance testing.
- Strong critical thinking and trouble-shooting skills
- Highly accountable for meeting all commitments and deadlines
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal for technical and non-technical audiences
Thanks in advance for your time and consideration; please feel free to provide a current version of your resume. I look forward to hearing from you!
Rajeev Verma, Resource Professional
Net2source Inc. One Evertrust Plaza, Suite # 305
Jersey City, NJ 07302
Work: (201) 340-8700 Ext.417